Monday, July 19, 2010

An Open Letter to Israel from Craig Dershowitz: Can someone please give me a humanitarian crises?


I am posting this letter on behalf of Craig Dershowitz, President of Artists 4 Israel

Dear Israel,

As an aware citizen of this world, I have read much in the mainstream press about your "mistreatment" of Gaza and the "humanitarian crises" you have created in that terrorist fiefdom.

Included among the sufferings and abuses prevalent in Gaza are overstocked grocery stores, a luxury shopping mall, a municipal swimming pool, air-conditioned apartments and multiple millions of dollars in aid. The amount of city and state services administered by Israel for the people of Gaza are mind-blowing. New roads are being built, transportation is booming.

I am an American. I have been unemployed for over a year. The TARP and related stimulus plan to fix the economy has done wonders for the bigwigs of Corporate America but absolutely nothing for us working class stiffs. I have a fan but no a.c. I am aware of only one municipal swimming pool in reasonable traveling distance and it is currently closed. Our only mall in New York City is half boarded up. Our grocery stores are packed too but we can barely afford to buy the food on its shelves. Con-Ed is far less responsive to my needs than I would like. The 2nd Avenue Subway is still unbuilt. Of course, Lebron decided not to come here. New Yorkers are sweating, broke and angry.

Considering the above, I appeal to Israel to give me and my fellow New Yorkers a humanitarian crises. In fact, I demand it! Take over Port Authority and prevent terrorist weapons from being shipped in (we all know they could use the help there) while helping to finance and build our economy and city-wide infrastructure. After all, New York actually has some intelligent people and we would appreciate the aid - unlike those guys over there.

With utmost sincerity,
Craig Dershowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment